Network Security Team Lead
Technical | Marlow
Service Integration Manager
Competitive plus excellent benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion + turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give the to prove their potential.
As Networking and Security Team Leader, you will be working alongside, leading and developing the Integration NetSec team in our Managed Services business. Also, responsible for providing a capability to support the development and introduction of new/updated services across Softcat’s business lines ensuring operational and service quality is maintained as they move into production.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar “Lead” role within a Service Provider
- A Subject matter expert within their own discipline who has a broader understanding of all aspects of Managed Services. Including but not restricted to:
- Networking technology and core principles such as Capacity and Availability Management
- Security technologies and core principles such as Capacity and Availability Management
- Best practice methodologies such Agile, Automation, ITIL and Prince2
- Excellent inter-personal skills – able to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload accordingly
- Accountability for actions and decisions made not only by themselves but subordinates
- The initiative to keep own and subordinate’s skills and knowledge of their technical or professional specialty up to date
- Advice on your wider area of expertise and the understands of the implications of new technologies and developments in your area of accountability
- Ability to keep up to date with changes and new developments in Technological, Procedural and Best practice frameworks across Managed Services through personal development activities
We offer good rewards packages for all our roles. The benefits include pension scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 after a qualifying period), a day off for your birthday, and health & dental care (after a qualifying period).
To become part the success story, please apply now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.