Technical Consultant - Modern Workplace
Technical | UK Wide
Practice Lead – Platform
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion + turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
As a Professional Services Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring Microsoft solutions with a particular focus on Modern Workplace. You’ll be focusing on solutions geared towards the ‘Modern Workplace’ evolution including Windows 10, Enterprise Mobility & Security, Microsoft Defender ATP, Device and Application Management, Intune, System Center Configuration Manager. Following plans and instructions created by our solutions design team, you’ll ensure the solution you’ve delivered is functional, fit for purpose and that handover and relevant documentation is provided to our customers
We have customers across the UK and you’ll spend much of your time at client sites, though you’ll be able to plug into one of our many office locations and also complete work from home when preferable.
What we need from you
- Have an existing broad understanding of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Intune and Client Security
- Industry recognised certifications and experience (MCSE or higher accreditation)
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you
- You'll need to have a keen eye for detail and work well within a team. We also need self-motivation, with an on-going desire to maintain your knowledge level at the forefront of technology
We offer good rewards packages for all our roles. The benefits include pension scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 after a qualifying period), a day off for your birthday, and health & dental care (after a qualifying period).
To become part the success story, please apply now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.