Microsoft Licensing Consultant - Public Sector
Sales | Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow
Reports to: Public Sector Microsoft Deputy Team Leader
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits
This is your opportunity to join Softcat as a Microsoft Licensing Consultant for our Public Sector team. As a member of this team you will represent a key vendor within the Softcat portfolio, and Softcat now has more dedicated Microsoft resources than any other partner in the UK.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve reached the £1 billion revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
The Softcat Public Sector Microsoft team is a market leading team of dedicated Public Sector Cloud & Licensing solution consultants. Working directly to support clients across all verticals including; Local, Regional & Central Government, Healthcare, National Security, Bluelight, Outsourcers, Education & Charities. We assist our account managers to leverage our expertise and experience in delivering complex Microsoft licensing solutions to help clients rationalise their IT infrastructure, realise cost savings and begin their cloud journey.
You will be working across the SMC & Education market segments, driving both new business sales and growing business with existing customers. This is a customer-facing role which involves both office-based work and customer site visits as required, including occasional overnight stays where necessary. The role is aligned predominantly to Public Sector accounts across Local and Regional Government (LRG), Central Government, Healthcare and Education.
What we need from you
- Customer facing experience in a sales role. Board Level sales negotiation experience required.
- Volume Licence sales experience essential.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft product licensing and agreements – particularly Enterprise Agreements, Select Plus/MPSA and an understanding of how these have been shaped by Frameworks and MOUs in the Public Sector.
- Understanding of Microsoft cloud technologies and how these can both align to and shape an organisation’s business strategy and outcomes.
- Whilst this is not a technical role a good understanding of Microsoft technology and a passion for making customers buy is required.
- Microsoft MCP qualified desirable (Licensing Large Orgs/Small Orgs/SAM) but not essential as full training will be provided.
We offer good rewards packages for all of our roles. The benefits include pension scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 after a qualifying period) and a day off for your birthday to name a few.
To become part of the success story, please apply
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.