Network Technical Design Specialist
Technical | Marlow or Manchester
Technical Design Networking Team Leader
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
This is your opportunity to join Softcat as a Network Technical Design Specialist, translating clients’ business requirements into innovative, well-designed solutions.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As Network Design Specialist, you will be responsible for producing high quality design documentation (Technical Proposals, High Level Designs, Visio diagrams, Statements of Work etc.) and assisting where necessary in the creation of a Low-Level Design (LLD).
Working with the Softcat Sales Specialists and the Softcat Account Management team is a key part of this role. You will work with Sales to educate, coach and train them around Solution Design best practices and help them position the correct solutions to meet customer challenges and provide detailed technical information and expertise to assist their customers in their business needs.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience in a similar Networking Design based role
- Industry recognised qualifications or certifications consummate to the role, Cisco CCNA or CCNP is preferred
- Excellent customer services skills and a professional manner
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements and business needs
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve results
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
We offer good rewards packages for all our roles. The benefits include pension scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 after a qualifying period), a day off for your birthday, and health & dental care.
To become part the success story, please apply now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.