Account Chief Technologist
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Glasgow, South Coast, Birmingham
Head of Function
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
The Account Chief Technologist will be working with key, strategic accounts to help them drive largescale transformation. The role is pivotal in bridging the gap between business problems and technology solutions for our top tier customers. Engaging at senior level (CxO) to influence customer strategy and become a trusted advisor, you’ll lead the Architecture team within an account or sector, ensuring the solutions proposed are fit for purpose and provide good value, as well as functioning as a proactive member of the relevant Sector/Account leadership teams.
The expectation will be to provide leadership input into transformational sales opportunities within accounts, identify and analyse requirements and customer problems, develop suitable architectures, and lead a virtual team including the Softcat and Partner network. You will support Solution Specialists and Account Management by helping identify and qualify solution opportunities including bid support as required. Additionally, you will attend customer opportunity and strategy meetings.
Your remit will see you actively contribute to the Softcat Propositions and standards, as well as to the corporate strategy by suggesting new service capabilities, bringing together services across contracted services and solutions.
What we need from you
- Enterprise Architecture and/or Consultancy and/or CTO and/or CIO level experience
- Experience at leading major largescale transformational programmes
- Relationship focused; experience of building relationships at the highest levels within enterprise customers, becoming a trusted advisor on a technology basis
- Excellent negotiating skills and exceptional commercial skills
- Knowledge of and experience in designing and implementing solutions comprising of multiple technologies and business applications
- Commercially astute with governance experience
- Demonstrable experience in having previously identified and led cross working party initiatives through discovery, selection, implementation, and continuous review to assure customer satisfaction
- Ability to present to an external audience, both business and technical; with a track record of presenting at board level
- Good people management, leadership, demonstrable time management and organisational skills, ability to lead large virtual teams
- Proven ability producing documentation for a business and technical audience
- Good problem determination and analysis skills, lateral and highly creative thinking
- Strong team player both as part of virtual team
- Must be credible in communicating around technical issues / solutions
- Energy, dynamism, and technology evangelism (for example: through thought leadership, networking events, white papers and publications)
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.