AWS Solutions Specialist
Sales | Marlow, London, Bristol, South Coast
Job Description | AWS Solutions Specialist
Reports To: AWS Alliance Manager
Location: Marlow or London
About the Team
Softcat’s partnership with AWS (Amazon Web Services) has rapidly grown over the last 12 months and our offering and capabilities in this space are quickly evolving. We are looking to expand the AWS team to support the solutions and sales of AWS. You will be working alongside our sales, technical and alliances team to support customers with their cloud journey. Undertaking a pragmatic approach to a customer’s business and technical requirements, meaning that engagements with customers continually drive a repeatable outcome to customers satisfaction and help drive further engagements with the closely aligned with Softcat’s services team.
The AWS Solution Specialist role requires close support with our account managers to assist our customers in their journey to the cloud which naturally drives an increase in the sales of AWS revenue and consumption led services.
You will also be expected to engage with a subset of Softcat’s largest AWS customers in the Corporate and Public Sector segment, to provide a value add approach and offer further support on commercial and technical changes to benefit the customer.
What you'll be doing
- You will be responsible for positioning Softcat’s AWS offering into new and existing customers.
- Helping to understand, scope and document customers business and technical requirements.
- Feeding into the customers wider technology strategy to help with their journey to the Cloud.
- Supporting with customer meetings and workshops.
- Maintaining your knowledge and understanding of your discipline, particularly with regards to the latest technology developments – and disseminate that knowledge within the wider AWS Solutions Architect team.
- Develop and grow your knowledge and understanding of adjacent technologies and capabilities.
- Building relationships with our sales, partner and technical community within Softcat.
- Travel to other Softcat offices may be required.
What we need from you
- Previous sales experience is required, technical knowledge would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in conducting customer meetings.
- A passion for technology and the future of Cloud.
- A strong desire to maintain your knowledge.
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers.
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the members of the wider team.
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.