Azure Solutions Architect
Technical | All Offices
Design Manager – Architecture, Solutions Design
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
About the Team
The Solutions Architect Team comprises members from many different technical and non-technical backgrounds; from network and security to datacentre, end-user compute and even service architecture. The team provides customers and the wider Softcat team sight of the broader picture – helping to pull all pieces of the jigsaw together and solving the puzzle of how business requirements are interpreted into technical solutions involving multiple technical verticals.
As a Solutions Architect focused on Microsoft Azure, you’ll be part of the Solutions Design department and also the virtual Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE). In this role you’ll be the first port of call for enabling customers to use Azure cloud services.
You’ll continually demonstrate the skills and abilities of a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Azure principles, including the pillars of architecture excellence and the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure. In addition, you’ll continue to develop your skills, expertise and knowledge in the design of hybrid and cloud-based solutions and architectures. Take responsibility for producing high quality design documentation (Technical Proposals, High Level Designs, diagrams, Statements of Work etc.) when required within a given project or customer engagement.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for working with the Public Cloud Professional Services team and wider CCoE team, providing a bridge between design and deployment, as well as educate, coach and train the sales community around Azure best practices and help them position the correct architectures to meet customer challenges.
What we need from you
- You should have either Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect or Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps certifications at expert-level, or have the associate-level equivalents with a keen drive to achieve the expert level.
- You should be able to demonstrate awareness of on-premise infrastructure technologies and how these map to Azure constructs to enable smooth transitions for customers who are migrating
- You should be aware of Serverless technologies and how developers can use these to build scalable and robust services and applications
- As an Azure specialist you will strive to maintain awareness of newly released services and improved capabilities on the Azure platform.
- Consultative skills, with the ability to identify customer challenges, requirements and business needs
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team to achieve results
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- Being able to present complex information clearly, persuasively and elegantly through presentations and whiteboarding
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.