Azure Technical Consultant
Technical | All UK Offices
Practice Lead – Public Cloud
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Technical Consultant, you’ll join our successful professional services Public Cloud team, responsible for the design and implementation of a range of Azure public cloud technologies for Softcat’s customers. We have customers across the UK and you’ll spend much of your time at client sites, though you’ll be able to plug into one of our many office locations and also complete work from home when preferable.
Your primary focus will be to design solutions geared towards Azure, however you’ll also have the opportunity to work with other exciting Cloud based technologies such as O365, AWS etc. You’ll be involved in supporting our presales efforts by advising our sales force, our customers and gathering requirements. Following plans and instructions created by our solutions design team, you’ll ensure the solution you’ve delivered is functional, fit for purpose and that handover and relevant documentation is provided to our customers
What we need from you
- Azure Solutions Architect – Expert certification or MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience in designing and deploying Azure focused solutions and able to demonstrate the skills of a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- We require self-motivation, with an on-going desire to maintain your knowledge level at the forefront of technology
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills
- You’ll be an approachable and presentable individual, with an enthusiasm and passion for the technology areas you are aligned to
- You'll need to have a keen eye for detail and work well within a team
- Aspiration to achieve any other Azure Certification to an expert level
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.