BI Technical Lead
Technical | Leeds
Business Intelligence Manager
Competitive plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As BI Technical Lead you will be oversee all technical aspects of Softcat’s BI solutions. This will include but is not limited to Datawarehouse Design, Data Processes and all BI Applications and content.
In this hands-on role you will work closely with our BI Developers and Partners to ensure that all designs and content are developed in line with good industry practice and that our solutions are robust, scalable and of a standard befitting an IT technology company.
Working with the Head of BI you will play a key part in developing Softcat’s BI strategy. As a leading IT Solutions Provider we offer great exposure to new and exciting technologies in an organization where invention and creativity are applauded.
What you'll be doing
- Reviewing current BI / Reporting estate and practices.
- Making recommendations to help formulate a BI Strategy.
- Working with the BI team and business stakeholders in support of effective requirements capture.
- Creating high level solution designs in response to business requirements.
- Designing our next generation Datawarehouse, dashboards and reports in support of Softcat’s growing business needs.
- Working with the Systems Operations team to ensure that our BI estate is fully documented, understood and well supported.
- Ensuring that all design and development activity is completed in line with agreed IT development standards.
- Working with the Systems Development team to recommend ETL changes to our existing data warehouse processes
What we need from you
- Strong proven experience in delivering high quality BI applications using Power BI,SSAS and SSRS.
- Previous experience in administrating a Power BI environment.
- A strong background in BI standards. Particularly with data modelling, Datawarehouse design and data analytics.
- Very good working experience in designing complex data warehouse using dimensional modelling technologies including Power Query / M.
- A passion for BI – both in terms of keeping up to date with market trends and technologies and for delivering first rate content to thebusiness.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written in the form of design documentation.
- A team player with a consultative approach to solution design.
- Proficiency with T-SQL and the writing of Stored Procedures, views, reading query plans, tuning indexes and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks.
- Experience in database performance troubleshooting and optimisation.
- Experience in working with SaaS data sources is desirable but not essential.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.