Business | Manchester
Would you like to be part of a team that enables business growth?
Are you looking to make a difference by joining a team that innovates through technology?
Join our Public Sector Business Development (PSBD)
The Public Sector Business Development (PSBD) team sits within Softcat’s Public Sector division. Within the team are a variety of skillsets including bid writing, marketing, data analysis and order processing to learn from.
Success. The Softcat Way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We’ve reached the £1 billion+ pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
Taking ownership of our Bid Management Process
You will have a great opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s most successful IT solution providers. Working within an experienced pursuits team, you will be an integral part within a wider business development team and take ownership of the end-to-end Bid Process.
As a Bid manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of the Bid utilising project methodology and creating & leading storyboard sessions with the key stakeholders
- Drafting initial response for review with the key stakeholders and then amending to reach a finalised draft
- Structuring responses from a variety of stakeholders with a clear methodology to ensure high evaluation scores
- Developing and coaching a network of subject matter experts in writing best practice
- Dealing with QA responses and providing support to the creation of various internal and external Bid Centre communications
What we need from you
- Previous experience in a bid management role and understanding of best practices
- Appropriate Proposal Management qualification would be beneficial
- Previous experience with proposal writing tools would be advantageous
- The proactivity to take ownership of your own business area and the ability to build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to articulate across multiple business areas
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description