Business | Marlow, Manchester, London, Bristol, Leeds, Glasgow, Whiteley, Birmingham
Would you like to be part of a team that enables business growth?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Public Sector Business Development (PSBD)
The Public Sector Business Development (PSBD) team sits within Softcat’s Public Sector division. Within the team are a variety of skillsets including bid writing, marketing, data analysis and order processing to learn from.
Success. The Softcat Way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We’ve reached the £1 billion+ pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
Taking ownership of our Bid Process
The individual will be taking responsibility for collating relevant information, assisting with the production of the tender documents, and managing resources to meet submission and specification requirements.
As a Bid manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Formulating and script quality bid and tender responses and creating high quality proposal documents
- Ensuring all proposals are aligned with Softcat’s guidelines and bid management standards
- Coordinating multiple RFX’s and maintaining the content, templates and information utilised by the wider business
- Tracking and reporting on tender outcomes
- Enriching the bid information library continually for the wider company use
What we need from you
- Previous experience in managing bids within the technology sector is desirable
- Understanding of best practices in all key areas of Bid Management
- Previous experience of Microsoft bidding is desirable
- The proactivity to take ownership of your own business area and the ability to build rapport quickly with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to articulate across multiple business areas
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description