Business Development Manager - VMware Tanzu
Sales | Marlow, Manchester, Birmingham
Would you like to work closely with one of Softcat’s top vendor partners?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Vendor Alliances team
Our 40 strong team are responsible for the day to day relationships and engagement of Softcat’s top vendor partners. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth.
Softcat’s VMware business unit is one of the fastest growing vendors in Softcat. As a VMware Principal Partner, Softcat has achieved the highest partner status possible. In fact, we're ranked VMware's number three partner in the UK by revenue and number one for orders transacted.
Success. The Softcat Way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We’ve reached the £1 billion+ pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
Grow our VMware business by enabling our sales teams
This is an exciting opportunity to join as our first VMware Tanzu Business Manager, responsible for all Softcat offices. This role will work alongside our Sales teams to develop new opportunities and awareness of the VMware portfolio, with particular focus on Tanzu. This will require a fundamental understanding of the technology, building relationships with both Softcat and VMware’s Sales teams and supporting strategic alliance initiatives across the business
As our VMware Tanzu Business Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Engaging with Softcat’s sales teams to drive awareness of Tanzu and other VMware products
- Building and implementing training and sales enablement plans across our sales teams
- Working closely with VMware to build and maintain strong relationships
- Acting as a point of contact for our sales teams, supporting on customer calls and driving customer campaigns
- Maximising VMware and Tanzu sales, promoting and educating on new products/promotions
What we need from you
- Previous experience in a technology sales role
- Previous experience of running training or sales enablement sessions
- A passion for supporting and enabling others/businesses to succeed
- Excellent relationships building and communication skills
- The ability to proactively own, build and implement your own business strategy
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description