Business Systems Analyst - Services
Technical | Marlow, Bristol, Whiteley, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow
Would you like to be part of a team on the frontline of internal project delivery?
Do you enjoy working as part of a sizeable cross-functional team who collaborates business-wide?
Join our Business Systems Team
They’re responsible for the design, delivery, and management of key business applications, working with vendors, partners, and internal stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics, or cyber security.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As Business Systems Analyst you will act as a bridge between our Systems Development Team and Softcat’s Services division as we look to expand and improve our service portfolio.
You’ll bring a process, data, and quality focus to IT’s engagement as we scope and deliver various projects.
You will take pride in providing high quality stakeholder engagement as you manage their business needs end to end through to Test and Release.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Leading scoping workshops with business stakeholders and partners; building process and data flows alongside internal process owners
- Documenting functional and non-functional business requirements
- Assessing business benefit and playing an active role in prioritisation and planning activity
- Overseeing IT design and development activity, tracking and reporting progress; identifying, recording, and resolving issues/blockers
- Representing our IT strategy to the business; taking opportunities to educate, inform and validate
- Collaborating with the Systems Operations Team to ensure appropriate support is factored into project planning
What we need from you
- Strong experience in a Business Analyst role or similar
- Proven track record of leading significant business systems’ change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including producing documents such as requirements specifications, process maps solution designs and communication plans
- Influencing skills
- Demonstrable exposure to core business applications covering IT Services Management [ITSM] but also extending to other areas such as a CRM, Finance, Web Apps and Data/BI Solutions
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours – options to flex the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description