Buyer - Procurement Department (Part time and job share considered)
Business | Marlow
Salary Package: £20k - £21k
Are you looking for a career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Procurement department
The Procurement department are responsible for processing all customer orders whilst achieving high standards of order accuracy. We are a highly motivated group of individuals who collectively work together to ensure that our reputation as a first-class Procurement team is upheld.
Success. The Softcat Way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We’ve reached the £1 billion+ pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
Do you have a passion for upholding first class customer service?
As a Buyer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the procurement of transactional vendors for specific regions
- Raising a high volume of purchase orders by ensuring they meet vendor/disti requirements
- Understand how specific vendor programmes work focussing on continuous knowledge development
- Understanding our preferred and authorised supply routes and adhering to them
- Work to tight deadlines to ensure orders are processed to agreed service level agreements
- Manage procurement queries from the sales teams, suppliers and vendors
- Working with Senior & Category Buyers to involve them in deals with added layers of complexity
What we need from you
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with different personalities across the
- Self-motivated to improve knowledge and identify personal development opportunities
- Ability to work as part of a hardworking and conscientious team and provide support to other team members
- Ability to multi-task, set own deadlines, prioritise and deliver against
- Maintaining excellent accuracy and attention to detail
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description