Check Point Support Engineer
Technical | Marlow
1st October (ASAP)
Network and Security Team Leader
Marlow or Manchester Office
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Checkpoint Support Engineer, you’ll be working within our Networking & Security Support Team providing 2nd/3rd line technical support for our Telephone Support and Fully Managed Check Point customers. You will take ownership of each issue to troubleshoot and fix the problem, where appropriate working with the wider team and suppliers to ensure the customer receives an excellent service by driving each issue through to resolution.
What you'll be doing
- Provide remote 2nd/3rd line technical telephone and fully managed support for customers using our Check Point services; trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agreed SLAs and escalating to partners or vendors where required
- Where appropriate, design, review, validate and implement configuration changes on behalf of customers to ensure their desired outcome is achieved, following the relevant change management process at all times
- Take the technical lead on any Check Point related issues for customers and ensure knowledge share with the wider team
- Liaise with other Operations Centre engineers and 3rd Party suppliers for issues around networking and security outside of Check Point technologies
- Contribute to the design of new fully managed customer solutions, supporting the Services Integration team where required
- Assist with the onboarding of new Managed customers
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during customer escalations
- Be part of an on-call roster to provide out of hours technical support
What we need from you
- Experienced CCSE/CCSM
- Excellent testing, troubleshooting and analytical skills to isolate problems and implement solutions
- Extensive experience with ongoing support and configuration of Check Point applications enterprise deployments.
- Strong verbal and written communication - must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation and customers
- Experience in the IT Support industry, preferably in a Managed Service environment
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.