Cisco Business Development Manager (Entry-Level)
Sales | Manchester, Leeds
Reports To: Cisco Alliance Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Vendor Alliance team are responsible for the day to day relationship, management and engagement of a select number of Softcat’s top vendor partners. The Vendor Alliance team ensures that we have the best partnerships at all levels of vendor engagement, driving a consistent, proactive and collaborative message into Softcat. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth. The team is now 40 strong and growing, spanning all Softcat locations providing a service to every function within the organisation.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve recently passed the £1 billion pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Vendor Alliances team as our Cisco Business Manager, responsible for our Northern offices. This role will be key in working alongside our Sales Executives to develop new opportunities within the Cisco portfolio. You will become the go to individual for our Sales teams when it comes to Cisco’s technology and will be responsible for driving sales enablement strategies across your region.
A day in the life of a Cisco Business Manager will include:
- Create and manage sales initiatives and campaigns to engage our Northern sales offices
- Build key relationships with the relevant senior stakeholders across the business
- Regular communication with our Cisco Commercial Team, including our Cisco Partner Account Manager and Cisco Marketing teams
- Working closely with our Marketing team to create and manage product specific campaigns and initiatives
- Support our Sales teams by running regular sales enablement sessions and product training
- Work directly with our Sales Executives and Sales Specialists to maximise Cisco revenue and profitability on sales opportunities
What we need from you
- Previous experience in sales or sales enablement role is essential
- Experience of working within the technology industry would be beneficial but is not essential
- A confident and engaging communicator with strong rapport building skills
- Experience of presenting and running training/enablement sessions would be beneficial
- A passion for working collaboratively with different internal and external stakeholders
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.