Business Development Manager - Cisco
Sales | Manchester, Leeds
Reports To: Cisco Alliance Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Vendor Alliance team are responsible for the day to day relationship, management and engagement of a select number of Softcat’s top vendor partners. The Vendor Alliance team ensures that we have the best partnerships at all levels of vendor engagement, driving a consistent, proactive and collaborative message into Softcat. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth. The team is now 40 strong and growing, spanning all Softcat locations providing a service to every function within the organisation.
Cisco is the worldwide leader in IT that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Softcat’s Cisco business unit is one of the fastest growing vendors in Softcat which is ranked 2nd by revenue.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve recently passed the £1 billion pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly driven and growing vendor that is well invested into Softcat. In order to capitalise on our Cisco success, we are looking for a dedicated Cisco focussed sales individual to drive our Commercial Northern business.
The successful candidate will be key in developing new business opportunities and building relationships within Cisco’s Commercial teams. You will be responsible for driving the regional specific sales strategy, supporting with business enablement and helping to develop new routes to market and ways to maximise profitability.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Responsible for driving the Cisco Commercial relationship & take this messaging to our sales teams.
- Proactively manage and work on sales campaigns/initiatives in conjunction with Cisco Commercial Account Management team, Sales Managers and Cisco Marketing team.
- Drive the Cisco perform strategy with key functions within Softcat including, Sales Teams, Solutions and Technical Design, Purchasing, Operations, OCTO, Marketing and more.
- Work with the Solutions Specialist teams and engage directly with Cisco to maximise revenue and profitability on all sales opportunities.
- Proactive pipeline management with regular communication back to the Cisco Commercial Account Management Team and support distribution relationships.
- To maximise sales in designated offices & promote/educate on new product, new promotions & campaigns.
- To support new starts training and sales enablement.
What we need from you
- The ideal candidate should be a strong influencer, proactive, articulate, with first-rate communication and relationship building skills, and be an adept organiser.
- Prior experience of working in a customer facing sales environment.
- A knowledge of the Cisco portfolio or Networking solutions would be beneficial but is not essential.
- Experience of having to drive a self-acceleration strategy within a business.
- The applicant needs to be able to integrate and work effectively with various teams at Softcat but also possess the confidence and creativity to effectively run their area of business independently.
- The candidate will be required to proactively cover all Softcat’s Northern Sales offices and attend meetings at Cisco offices. As such there will be a requirement to travel and manage time efficiently.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.