Cisco Networking Engineer
Technical | Marlow, Manchester
Would you like to join a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Networking and Security Team
The Service Desk and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. We support a multitude of technologies such as Cisco, Check Point and Microsoft, which means you will work alongside engineers with a variety of skills and knowledge, giving you the opportunity to always learn something new.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Are you passionate about Cisco and want to join Softcat’s elite Network and Security Support Team?
Your responsibilities will cover the 3rd line support of our fully managed and telephone support Cisco customers as well as our own internal networks and Datacentres. You’ll be expected to be the technical lead on any routing and switching related issues.
As Cisco Networking Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide 3rd line technical support for all Cisco network and security customers (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required
- Take the technical lead on any routing and switching infrastructure related issues for customers (both internal and external) and ensure knowledge share with the wider team
- Design and Implement configuration changes on behalf of customers
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during escalations
- Assist with the design of any potential new services
What we need from you
- ASA firewall
- Cisco 5K 7K and 9K
- Background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external)
Please note, you’ll be put through SC clearance upon hire, so you’ll need to possess either an existing SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo the vetting for such clearance.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefits include:
- Max employer pension contributions of 5%
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance
- Buy extra holiday plus an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday
- Technology vouchers, activity passes, restaurant discount cards
- Option to add your partner/family to some of the benefits
- Access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all perks and flexible benefits
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job