Cisco Software and Lifecycle Sales Lead (FTC Maternity Cover)
Sales | Marlow
The Vendor Alliance team is responsible for the day to day relationship, management and engagement of a select number of Softcat’s top vendor partners. The Vendor Alliance team ensures that we have the best partnerships at all levels of vendor engagement, driving a consistent, proactive and collaborative message into Softcat. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth. The team is now 40 strong and growing, spanning all Softcat locations providing a service to every function within the organisation.
Softcat’s Cisco business unit is one of the fastest growing vendors in Softcat and is ranked 2nd by revenue. Cisco have heavily publicised a goal to achieve 35% of all revenue booking through Software by 2021 and this is reflective of the focus and investment they have made in the advancement of their Software business over the past 2 years.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve reached the £1 billion revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering Softcat’s strategy for Cisco Software in conjunction with the Cisco Alliance Manager. That strategy will ultimately drive Softcat’s performance of Cisco Recurring Offer revenue and the number of Cisco Enterprise Agreement contracts. You will manage the Cisco Software team and create strategies for the evolution of the Licensing Sales Specialist and Customer Success Manager capabilities. You will build relationships and promote Softcat within Cisco at all relevant levels and use this to ensure that Softcat is at the leading edge of Cisco’s Software transformation. In addition to your relationships at Cisco you will build internal relationships with key stakeholders at Softcat, enabling you to design and run initiatives which ultimately help increase Cisco Software sales.
You will be accountable for furthering Softcat’s position as a top 3 reseller for Softcat with Cisco and ensuring that the business continues to grow. You will be required to present internally and externally to executive stakeholders on the position of the business.
Travel to other Softcat offices, customers sites and Cisco offices is to be expected.
What we need from you
- People management experience would be desirable.
- Strong leader with skills in execution, organisation, and influencing.
- The capability to build relationships quickly and mature them over time.
- The applicant needs to be able to integrate and work effectively with various teams at Softcat but also possess the confidence and creativity to manage their area of business independently.
- You will be expected to demonstrate a proactive and mature approach to generating business opportunities and maximising profit.
- Confidence to operate and present when required at a senior level.
- Be a proactive, motivated and highly driven individual.
- Previous experience within Software sales is essential. Knowledge of Cisco's software would be advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Credibility, with an entrepreneurial edge, to own and run a Top 3 vendor business.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector