Sales | Manchester
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Commercial Team
You’ll be joining the Commercial Team, supporting sales in large and complex opportunities across both Public Sector and Corporate. You’ll be responsible for all admin functions for the team, from day to day support to co-ordinating diaries. Also you will be responsible for Big Deal Review process. You will have be able to develop skills such as understanding commercial propositions and risk. There is also a potential progression pathway to train as a Commercial Manager alongside the team.
Success. The Softcat Way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We’ve reached the £1 billion+ pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
Support our Commercial team
You will be joining the Commercial Team, supporting sales in large and complex opportunities across both Public Sector and Corporate divisions. You will be responsible for all admin functions for the team, from day to day support to co-ordinating approvals and the Big Deal Reviews (BDR) process. You will have the opportunity to develop skills such as understanding commercial propositions and risk, with a potential progression pathway to train as a Commercial Manager alongside the team if desired.
As a Support Executive, you’ll be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating and taking minutes within BDRs, following up on actions and tracking progress of the deals
- Document management, including maintenance of existing presentations and commercial documents
- Assisting with production and maintenance of commercial reports
- Inbox Management for the Commercial Team
- Contributing to process design, improvement and ownership
What we need from you
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- A desire to develop a sound understanding of commercial processes
- Ability to co-ordinate diaries efficiently
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description