Commercial Financial Accountant
Business | Marlow
Head of Commercial Finance
Competitive plus excellent benefits
This is your opportunity to join Softcat as a Commercial Financial Accountant and play a key role in driving the success of our business.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion + turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
As a Commercial Financial Accountant, you will support Senior Management in delivering improved financial performance in their areas. Over time we expect the Commercial Finance Team to provide analysis on all areas of Softcat’s business.
- You will be producing new analysis on our performance across a range of variables such as customer profiles;
- Propose and implement any improvements you identify to existing analysis, helping to make them robust and repeatable;
- Working closely with the Senior Management (including the CFO) and their direct reports on a day-to-day basis, using financial information to inform them on business performance or decisions;
- Support budgeting, forecasting and longer term strategic planning across the company;
- Demonstrate aptitude for understanding numbers and making commercial recommendations from that information. You will need resilience to deal with the challenges that Senior Management will make when making significant decisions; and
- Ensure the non-financial Senior Management understand what your analysis shows and the data you present is suitable for the audience and provides meaningful direction to the business.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Validated background of producing new analysis from scratch and improving existing work;
- Excellent communicator, outgoing and comfortable with different types of people. Must be able to articulate what their analysis shows and defend their recommendation on what to do next;
- Thorough approach with high level of accuracy and numeracy;
- Strong excel skills;
- An ability to work individually or collaboratively as required;
- A flair for handling numerous work streams simultaneously, coupled with a talent for prioritisation based on business requirements; and
- Results orientated, with a focus on providing meaningful information to Senior Management.
We offer good rewards packages for all our roles. The benefits include pension scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 after a qualifying period), a day off for your birthday, and heath & dental care (after a qualifying period).
To become part the success story
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.