Technical | Manchester
Service Assurance Manager
Marlow or Manchester
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security, and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
This exciting new role will give you insight into all of the complex areas of Services Operations. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience in a busy Operations Centre who have a varied customer base. At a foundation level you will be primarily responsible for the CMDB and ITIL based Config & Asset and Change Management, with exposure to Transition, Incident, Problem & other key ITIL management areas.
You will be responsible for Developing policies, processes and procedures for Asset and Configuration Management and governance to ensure operational controls are in place to meet the business requirements and adherence to compliance. Responsible for the CMDB; both the strategic direction & ownership and input to the detailed requirements for developing the CMDB, whilst establishing and managing an audit process for the CMDB and related processes.
What we need from you
- Experience of ServiceNow covering the following;
- CMDB design and management
- SLA management
- Change management
- Service lifecycle management
- Experience of working in a 24x7 function within a Service Operations environment, preferably with an ITIL focus
- Ideally ITIL Foundation level qualified
- Knowledge of ISOs, including ISO 20000 is desirable
- Hold or be eligible to gain SC clearance
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences, in both verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven history of building and maintaining relationships across the wider business
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, with a proactive and positive attitude
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether its activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.