Business | Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast, Birmingham
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Bid Team
Join Softcat’s high performing Bid Team who are responsible for producing tailored documents targeted at Softcat’s customers and prospects.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As Technical Bid Writer your focus will be on writing and tailoring content as opposed to managing entire bids. The two key responsibilities in the role will be to maintain an up to date, relevant and searchable library of first-class bid “content”; secondly to work with key service providers and solutions teams to capture the standard content they produce, and enhance it so that it fully addresses specific bid questions.
As a Content Manager, you will be:
- Using excellent English grammar and written skills, focusing on writing answers and generating content for bids
- Writing content for bids and adapt your style to maximise scoring in written proposals and RFPs
- Owning and updating a full Bid content library and using the relevant tools
- Articulating the business benefits of what we do within the guidelines of the tender response
- Networking across the business so that you become the “go-to” resource for capturing new content
- Having proactive relationships with all key service providers in our business
- Involving yourself in the storyboarding process on complex bids to understand the win themes and context
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a track record of successful written sales communication and experience working on large, and high volumes of bids
- Show you understand IT solutions and can articulate business benefits to maximise Softcat’s written proposition
- Be capable of working alone as well as collaboratively, often simultaneously
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
We know it can be difficult getting back into a work environment and appreciate it can also take time to find your feet. It's important to us that we give you the best onboarding experience to help you settle back into working life.
As part of our Tech Starter Programme, you will receive comprehensive training on the various technologies, tools, platforms and applications we use; along with any other training required to undertake your role effectively, whilst ensuring you're supported by a dedicated mentor.
We want your time with us to be rewarding and for you to feel fulfilled in your role as the programme helps you carve your professional identity in a new career.
The programme is all about being flexible and adaptable to you; Softcat will give you all the support you need to be successful in the role.
Working for you
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Softcat is a billion-pound technology company that feels like one family. We're big on culture, big on teamwork and big on rewards. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Welcome to a business where personal achievement and team success go hand-in-hand.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description