Customer support Team lead
Technical | Marlow
|Customer support - Team Lead 6 month FTC|
Competitive plus benefits
The Service Desk and Support team are a proficient, fast-paced and exciting team who are committed to providing excellent customer service. We support a multitude of technologies such as Cisco, Check Point and Microsoft, which means you will work alongside engineers with a variety of skills and knowledge, giving you the opportunity to always learn something new
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices, and experienced professionals. If you are ready to give your all, Softcat is where you will get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat Way
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We are a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential
** FTC with the possibility of a permanent Contract **
As a Shift Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing all operational activities across your shift team to ensure excellent customer service is provided and SLAs/KPIs are met.
Key Responsibilities include.
- Ensuring the workload is evenly distributed amongst the shift and key tasks are being handled correctly – including your own
- Act as a point of escalation for technical issues
- Decision maker for engaging On-Call technical engineers
- Work collaboratively with the Service Assurance shift team when performing ticket reviews
- Provide regular feedback on Shift Members to the Team Leaders – including, but not restricted to technical, procedural and soft skills
What we need from you
- Existing experience working within a Service Desk and Support environment
- Good understanding of hardware ordering lifecycle
- Good technical understanding of various aspects of IT (including but not limited to; Storage, Virtualisation, Networking & Security and EUC)
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Ability to quickly identify problems and engage processes to mitigate customer impact
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests.
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.