Datacentre Chief Technologist
Technical | All UK Offices
Head of Advisory, Design and Solutions Portfolio Group
Competitive plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
You’ll be working with key strategic accounts, to help them drive large scale, cross technology, Hybrid Cloud migration engagements. The role is pivotal in bridging the gap between business problems and technology solutions and is focused on assisting in the selling of multi-million pound outcome based projects.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to lead the infrastructure solution team within an account or sector, ensuring the solutions proposed are fit for purpose and provide value. It’s expected that you’ll engage at CxO level to influence customer strategy and become a trusted advisor, by attending customer opportunity / strategy meetings. In addition, you’ll contribute to the corporate strategy by suggesting new service capabilities, in particular bringing together services across contracted services and solutions.
You’ll continue to build your expertise/skills in infrastructure as a Subject Matter Expert, as well as educate members of the team and sales department by running workshops. Support in generating an enterprise pipeline by evangelising with the market through running events and public speaking. You’ll Identify and analyse requirements and customer problems, develop suitable architectures and lead a virtual team including Softcat and Partner network.
What we need from you
- Experience with infrastructure architecture at a senior level to Chief Architect or CTO level
- Demonstrable experience in having previously identified and led cross working party initiatives through discovery, selection, implementation and continuous review to assure customer satisfaction
- Must be credible in communicating around technical issues / solutions
- Experience of building relationships at the highest levels within enterprise customers, becoming a trusted advisor on a technology basis
- Excellent negotiating skills, written and strong commercial skills
- A track record in leading and owning the Hybrid infrastructure architecture for large scale transformational projects
- Ability to present to an external audience, both business and technical, ability to present at board level
- Good people management, leadership, demonstrable time management skills and organisational skills
- Proven ability producing documentation for a business and technical audience
- Good problem determination and analysis skills, lateral and highly creative thinking
- Strong team player both as part of virtual team
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.