Technical | Marlow
Head of Department
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As DevOps Manager, you will be responsible for creating, leading and developing the Agile capability within our Services organisation. Driving rapid-paced innovation through implementing DevOps technologies and championing a DevOps culture; you’ll ensure the team can provide tailored recommendations and guidance to solve challenges within our company.
The role will entail building and developing a successful DevOps (Agile Operations) team – that will be diverse and inclusive, in line with our D&I aspirations – with responsibility for the vision and implementation of CI/CD solutions, using a variety of open source, enterprise and private/public cloud technologies. This will see you instil adherence to process, ensure quality of service, and monitor the wider team performance across our customer service and support capability, along with driving a high level of engagement and ESAT. Coupled with this will be the sharing of best practice across the wider division to ensure we maximise our capability and efficiency.
The creation and line management of our Services DevOps team will form part of your remit, as you support them to work towards a CD model. Along the way you’ll provide mentoring, training, and problem-solving support to team members. You’ll also be key in cross-functional collaboration that will support the wider teams in the Agile/Sprint development of new/improved services.
Agile methodologies will drive adherence to the processes, systems and functions supporting the build, test and deployment of changes into a live environment, as you support the handover process in line with service descriptions, ITIL, ISO 20000 and/or industry best practice. You’ll develop, and provide visibility of, key governance and performance measures to drive business intelligence led decision making.
You will have input into the annual budget and will be required to run, and deliver to, the agreed budget; reviewing and optimising current costs with a focus on cost efficiency. Forward planning for future requirements of the group, publication of plans, reporting progress to stakeholders, and ensuring we’re delivering against the organisation’s roadmaps and policies; will all sit with you. The DevOps Manager will have active participation in operations strategy and implementation that drives quality and efficiency, including best practices and metrics for operations, including making innovative recommendations for improvements.
What we need from you
- Subject matter expertise within your own discipline, with a history of creating and implementing Agile/DevOps methodologies and teams; including but not restricted to: demonstrable experience applying good DevOps principles, experience architecting and delivering cloud-based CI/CD solutions, Agile Scrum development good knowledge of API-driven, extensible, loosely coupled systems, expertise relating to automation, security, stability and scalability in private and public cloud environments
- Demonstrable experience of team leadership including development of high performing technical teams
- Ability to drive change within the DevOps team using experience gained in a similar role
- Experience within an MSP/Operations environment; and of integrating Agile processes within an ITIL focused organisation
- Experience with: Software build tools/systems, automation technologies, source control and code management, public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP), application modernisation, containers, automated testing, programming languages, relational databases
- Importantly: Existing valid security clearance, or eligibility and willingness to be put through, and obtain, security clearance
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.