Early Careers Manager - Interim Maternity Cover
Business | Marlow or Manchester
Learning and Development Manager
Competitive plus benefits
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. In the last year, we’ve reached the £1 billion revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses, and a company that feels like a family – with buzzing office locations, lots going on socially and a real sense of working together and achieving together.
As Interim Early Careers Development Manager you’ll play a key role as part of the L&D management team and have the responsibility for managing three of our Early Careers Development Executives based across Marlow and Manchester. Alongside this you’ll be responsible for the design, development, implementation and continuous evaluation and innovation of programmes in our Early Careers learning and development portfolio. This includes; Induction and Onboarding, Apprenticeships and our Sales Development Programmes. This is a maternity cover position of up to 12 months.
What we need from you
- Experience in another management role within an HR Function, L&D Manager or early careers lead is desirable
- Experience of managing an individual/team
- Have the appetite and desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Experience in helping others to develop and apply a different way of thinking
- Driven for results, enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactively spots opportunities for positive change
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships with different personalities across the business
- Ability to confidently deliver an engaging learning experience through classroom-based learning, workshops, online and one-to-one coaching
- Able to work in a detailed and organised manner
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.