Executive Business Manager
Business | Marlow
Reports To: Managing Director
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Senior Leadership team have a combined 130 years of experience in the industry, many of whom started their careers at Softcat. Alongside making strategic and operational decisions for the business, the team are committed to driving the culture forward, with the best interests of our people in mind. By acting as a confidant to members of this team, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to support and influence what we do as a business and how we look after our people.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
As an Executive Business Manager, you’ll be working closely with our Managing Director and the wider Senior Leadership team to support and influence strategic projects and initiatives for the business. Acting as a trusted advisor, you’ll proactively help to research, prepare, track and implement all key project deliverables to enable their success.
Key responsibilities include;
- Capture, understand and organise the requirements of each deliverable, linking this to the vision and plan
- Deputise for the Managing Director at relevant project meetings, when required
- Provide clear updates on key projects milestones: including blockers and risks to the success of the project
- Complete all project administrative tasks including the organisation of meetings, creating project schedules, and recording all meeting notes and dispersing actions
- Building and maintaining relationships within the project teams to enable leadership success
What we need from you
- Experience of successfully managing medium-large projects/programmes of work
- Substantial experience of our business and/or the IT industry
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products (including Teams, Planner and To-Do)
- Passion for working with people, with sound influencing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Planning, organisation and administration skills, with a high-level of attention to detail
- A flexible and adaptable approach, allowing you to be effective in fluid and ambiguous situation
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.