Expert Security Analyst
Technical | Marlow
Security Intelligence Practice Lead
All office locations
Competitive plus SHIFT & additional benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
About the Role
Working as part of our Security Intelligence team, you’ll be the most experienced technical individual responsible for supporting the resolution of complex incidents, customer management, threat hunting and developing our security intelligence services (as part of an Agile team, through pre-defined use cases). You’ll be the highest technical escalation point for the security intelligence team, supporting the existing analysts, along with undertaking technical service development and supporting the Security Intelligence Practice Lead. This role will not be on shift but will be on call.
As our Expert Security Analyst, you will work with the Security Intelligence Practice Lead to develop Softcat’s Cyber service(s) in line with pre-defined use cases and scalability; compare network events with intelligence research to determine adversary motive, capability and intent and the impact of the threat on our customers’ network architecture and system operations and identify, evaluate and communicate new and ongoing cyber security threats to customers and relevant stakeholders within Softcat through regular and ad hoc reporting. You will need to identify areas of automation in existing platforms to drive efficiency and provide on call escalation support within the team.
What we need from you
- Prior experience working within a Managed Service Provider or Managed Security Service Provider organisation (preferred)
- Relevant Security industry certifications, CISSP/CISM, etc… (preferred)
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms, such as Alien Vault, Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight
- You will have a strong understanding of sophisticated threat actor methodologies, along with experience in incident response and forensic investigations
- Must have the ability and prior experience with analysing information technology events. This includes the identification of malicious code and malicious activities present within a customer computer system and/or network environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with ability to translate and deliver technical information to a non-technical audience
- Possess a working knowledge of common network communications and routing protocols along with common internet applications and standards
- Capable of supporting, training, mentoring junior team members along with providing out-of-hours and escalation cover
- Pragmatic approach in identifying and evaluating new tools sets that will help us drive SOAR
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.