Field Chief Technology Officer
Technical | Marlow, Manchester, London, Bristol, Leeds, South Coast, Birmingham
All UK office locations
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
The CTO (Chief Technology Officer) will be our technology go-to expert and play an integral role in the business regarding direction, development and future growth of Softcat. In this position, you will contribute to our overall technology development plan for Softcat Services, our customers, partners and vendors. The CTO will ensure the business is prepared to act quickly to maximise returns on product and service investments and deliver successfully to Softcat’s existing customer base, net new opportunities and be recognised as a market leader in technology. You will be responsible for Providing a customer centric approach to support key customer stakeholders that includes C Level & senior IT professionals to design and implement best in class IT solutions and services in support of our Sales team.
What we need from you
- Proven Track record of technology, digital and innovation leadership at a senior level, in a large and complex distributed business
- Diversity & Inclusion – be responsible for building and developing a diverse and inclusive team
- Commercial approach with first class engagement skills at stakeholder, exec, supplier levels – A technology innovation leader
- Experience from a previous CTO role or senior technologist role across multiple sectors for 10+ years
- Strong leadership skills to support the continued development of the architecture and professional services teams
- Ability to conduct research and to analyse the market regarding new technologies and trends in the market
- Operate as an evangelist for Softcat to our customers and the technology industry
- Present at vendor and industry events as a representative for Softcat
- Excellent oral and written communication and work with marketing in support of the development our propositions and sales collateral
- Able to demonstrate a passion for staying on top of technology trends, developments and vendor relationships. Whilst Identifying current and future product and service innovation
- Ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly, demonstrable organisational leadership skills
- Will be expected to travel to customer sites, usually based in the south
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether its activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy an extra holiday for yourself or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply below now! Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.