Front End Developer
Technical | Manchester
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Front-End Developer, you’ll be responsible for defining, building and implementing the customer experience on Softcat’s eBusiness portal via the delivery of outstanding User Interface (UI). Using a well-rounded skill set across web design and front end development you will ensure the customer’s experience is outstanding at all times.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with the external development partners, to implement outstanding UI/UX for Softcat’s customers based upon their server-side development, using a good understanding of layout aesthetics. In addition, you’ll collaborate with other team members, departments and stakeholders to gather, understand and interpret requirements and turn them into solutions.
What we need from you
- Time management and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- The ability to interpret business and end user requirements and develop them into user journeys, technical specifications and ultimately working solutions
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills – via email, in person, and on the phone
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships – internally and externally
- Articulate – ability to present information clearly, persuasively and elegantly
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.