Technical | Marlow, Whiteley, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham
Would you like to be part of a team on the frontline of internal project delivery?
Do you enjoy working as part of a sizeable cross-functional team who collaborates business-wide?
Join our Business Systems Team
They’re responsible for the design, delivery, and management of key business applications, working with vendors, partners, and internal stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics, or cyber security.
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
As a Fullstack Developer, you will join our IT Systems Team, developing across a range of database, middleware and web solutions that underpin critical areas such as Sales, Finance, Operations and Service Management.
Working closely with our Architecture/Design team you will ensure that development work is completed in line with the core principles outlined in our IT Strategy and Release Management Processes.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Supporting the Solution Architects by inputting into the solution design process
- Developing a range of solutions across our web application, database, and middleware estate
- Joining daily stand ups and sprint planning/review sessions
- Testing – unit testing and peer review
- Ensuring that all development aligns with High Level Designs/Business Requirements
What we need from you
- A background in Web Services development and consumption
- Experience within SOA/API architecture
- A track record of involvement with C#, MVC including RESTful API development and consumption with JSON
- Project experience with .NET Core, Entity Framework, web application development, and T-SQL
- Beneficial experience: Dell Boomi integration development, Azure web application development, Azure SQL Database development and TDD\BDD
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours – options to flex the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description