HR Business Partner (6 month FTC)
Business | Marlow
Reporting to: HR Director
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat Way
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
As an HR Business Partner (6 month FTC) you’ll be an integral part of our HR function, partnering with our Solutions Director, CIO, Business Ops Director and Finance Director. You’ll support the Directors to deliver their business goals through their people. Working closely with the wider HR team (Recruitment, Learning & Development and Reward) to deliver the HR agenda.
Alongside partnering the Director, you’ll be creating and developing best in class HR Practices and employee experiences. Working closely with the HR Advisor and Apprentice to work through employee relations cases and HR queries as well as spotting opportunities to improve our practices and processes across the board.
What you need
- Operating at HR Business Partner level, ideally within a fast-paced, commercial environment
- Experience working with technical teams and handling employee relations issues
- Passion for achieving business goals through people interventions and a demonstrable curiosity to discover new and different ways of working
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the big picture and the commercial and strategic goals of the business. Understand the impact a people strategy can have on the business
- Ability to manage projects with clear objectives, milestones and metrics. Excellent prioritisation and organisation skills
- Possess the courage to have tough conversations with employees at all levels of the business and the resilience and emotional intelligence to remain calm and composed in tricky situations
- Strong work ethic and high integrity, understanding that confidentiality is key
- Ideally have an HR qualification and be a member of CIPD
- International exposure ideally for the following countries: Rep. of Ireland, U.S. and Singapore – but understanding of international complexity and new country entry is more important
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.