HR Business Partner - 12 Month Maternity cover
Business | Marlow
Reports to: HR Director
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat Way
There’s a uniqueness to Softcat – what we do, how we do it and why we do it. That’s because we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We give everyone the chance to step up and show how much they can achieve. We succeed when all our people succeed.
About the Team
Softcat’s HR function is made up of a small team, within a wider HR department consisting of HR, L&D, Reward and Recruitment. The HR team is in place to help offer support, advice, technical expertise and improvement to both employees and managers within the business. The HR team play a crucial part to ensure that Softcat remains a Great place to work, with an award-winning culture.
As an HR Business Partner (12 month Maternity cover) you’ll be an integral part of our HR function, partnering with our Director team. You’ll support them to deliver their business goals through their people. Working closely with the wider HR team (Recruitment, Learning & Development and Reward) to deliver the HR agenda.
Alongside partnering the Directors, you’ll be creating and developing best in class HR Practices and employee experiences. Working closely with the HR Advisor and Apprentice to work through employee relations cases and HR queries as well as spotting opportunities to improve our practices and processes across the board.
What we need from you
- Operating at HR Business Partner level, ideally within a fast-paced, commercial environment
- Experience of working within a mature HRBP model with centres of excellence and operational shared services
- Ideally international experience and/or understanding of international employment practices and challenges
- Experience working with various departments and handling employee relations issues
- Passion for achieving business goals through people interventions and a demonstrable curiosity to discover new, unique and different ways of working
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the big picture and the commercial and strategic goals of the business. Understand the impact a people strategy can have on the business
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.