Infrastructure Support Engineer - Storage and Virtualization
Technical | Marlow
Platform Manager (MS)
1st October 2020
Competitive salary and benefits package
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Your responsibilities will cover the 3rd line support of our fully managed infrastructure customers as well as our own infrastructure. You will be expected to be the technical lead on any infrastructure related issues. You will also be expected to support our storage vendor specific support services. This position is a crucial role in supporting Softcat’s customers in a wide range of services, this could be from troubleshooting a single VM all the way to maintaining a fully managed VMware environment. Day to day tasks will include, blade and server administration, vSphere management, storage administration, storage switching configuration and physical installs at our data centre. You will be responsible for ensuring all 3rd line escalations are resolved for both our internal and external stakeholders, along with leading the way on any infrastructure related issues that may arise.
What we need from you
- Experience with HP Servers, Blades and Virtual Connect
- Must have knowledge in VMware 6.0 and above (VCP)
- Storage administration and management
- Knowledge in switching administration and management (FC, Zoning, ISCSI)
- Capacity and performance reporting
- Broad knowledge of Issues tracking and resolution
- Ability to work effectively with other stakeholders in business
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external)
- Desirable knowledge in Software Defined Storage systems, Nutanix, Pure, vCloud director 8/9, vSphere VCAP/VCIX-DCV, VMware NSX (VCP-NV), Veeam Backup and Replication, ScienceLogic or similar network monitoring tools, understanding of public clouds (AWS/Azure), ITIL v3/v4 Foundation, Understanding of relational databases (SQL/MySQL)
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.