Business | Marlow
Are you looking to develop your skills and realise your full potential?
Do you want to make change happen by joining a team that never stands still?
Join our Commercial Finance Team
As our first Internal Auditor you’ll help lead our move from a fully outsourced to a co-sourced model. You’ll develop the breadth of the function to encompass regular monitoring and evidencing the operation of the control environment. This will be a vital part of the organisation’s compliance with anticipated new corporate governance requirements. You ‘ll facilitate coordination between our Internal Auditors, External Auditors, Financial Reporting team and operational teams. As well as gaining significant exposure to both the CFO and the Audit Committee.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Do you want to have an impact and join a business where you can make the difference?
As an Internal Auditor, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with Grant Thornton to deliver an effective, co-sourced internal audit function. Including risk universe mapping, development, and delivery of the annual programme of internal audits
- Perform several internal audit reviews alongside and to complement the co-sourced Grant Thornton programme
- Maintain the audit universe and list of internal audit actions. Follow through with those responsible for completing actions and reporting actions to the Company Secretary
- Co-ordinate and drive the maintenance of the corporate risk register
- Develop our fraud prevention and detection control environment
What we need from you
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA)
- Internal audit and/or controls based statutory audit experience
- Experience of US SOX compliance
- Experience of implementing a control environment including SOX would be beneficial
- Ability to work across departments to identify appropriate controls and manage their implementation
- Ability to consider actions within the context of our focus on our culture including ease of doing business being a key strength
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description