Internal Engagement Manager (SharePoint)
Business | Marlow, Manchester
Would you like to be instrumental in SharePoint strategy?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Marketing team
The story of Softcat is one driven by an unprecedented ‘people first’ culture that celebrates talent, champions potential and delivers customer-centric technology solutions that support business ambitions. As such, employee engagement, high knowledge share, productivity and creative collaboration sit at the heart of what will drive future growth and both employee and customer satisfaction. The right common communications platform is central to this ambition and this exciting new role will support the development and integration of the organisation’s new SharePoint intranet environment.
Success. The Softcat way
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. We’ve reached the £1 billion+ pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
Lead our SharePoint strategy
The SharePoint Engagement Manager will lead the development of our SharePoint strategy that will integrate the migration of successful existing critical information applications and new business processes onto a new, dynamic SharePoint platform. This role will take the lead for defining how to maximise employee engagement through smart communications segmentation by function and as a result, act as the Champion for employee UX.
They will be responsible for identifying business and team requirements to ensure that the SharePoint environment is both fit for purpose and scalable to future business growth and capability needs. This will involve gathering analysis, understanding goals and objectives. implementing milestones and project plans, content design, UX and producing guidelines on excellence in intranet communication.
As the SharePoint Engagement, you’ll be responsible for:
- Overall management of the strategy, deployment, communication workflow and employee engagement programmes for the new SharePoint environment (on premise / O365)
- Acting as the overall single point of contact for Sharepoint user experience and engagement
- All company functional requirements gathering including user analysis, content and information specification, development, implementation, support, best practice content and ‘call to action’ workflows
- Leading the design and brand style of our SharePoint content and information templates
- Identifying the need and design for bespoke applications (outside of the standard intranet specification) with clear scope and budget requirements
- Assist the technical support team with the administration of SQL database servers and application servers
- Implement a quarterly review system with content owners to ensure that both employee user experience and information is relevant
What we need from you
- Knowledge of the SharePoint environment, specifically SharePoint Online, Office 365 and Teams
- Project management experience in a rapid growth environment
- Senior stakeholder engagement and management experience
- Experience of designing content management strategies, creative design and influencing outcomes
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description