Internal Microsoft Sales Specialist
Sales | Marlow, Manchester, Bristol, Leeds, Glasgow, South Coast, Birmingham
Reports To: Microsoft Business Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Microsoft Team represents a key vendor within the Softcat portfolio. We actively provide licensing and commercial guidance in our Microsoft sales engagements. This is underpinned by the operational and contractual expertise within the team. As part of our Microsoft Public Sector team, you’ll be joining a team of eight Microsoft Licensing Consultants that work directly to support clients across all verticals including; Local, Regional & Central Government, Healthcare, National Security, Blue Light, Outsourcers, Education & Charities.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
As our Internal Microsoft Sales Specialist, you will be an essential part of the Microsoft Public Sector team. You will work to support our Microsoft Licensing Consultants on numerous opportunities to ensure the highest levels of customer service are continually being achieved.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Assisting our Microsoft Licensing Consultants with customer requests and enquiries
- Supporting on several administrative tasks including creation of quotes, cost models and new contract activities
- Working closely with our Public Sector Sales Support teams and licensing purchasers to ensure a smooth order process for contract orders
- Support with the creation of customer facing collateral and templates
- Run reports for our customers to provide visibility of their licenses, consumption, and billing.
- Communicating with Public Sector customers regularly (written and verbal communication)
What we need from you
- Previous customer service experience is desirable
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- A passion for technology and how this can help drive business change
- The ability to build rapport with both internal Softcat teams and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to work towards tight deadlines
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.