IT Services Product Manager - Cloud
Technical | Marlow or South Coast
Services Portfolio Development Team Manager
Marlow or South Coast
Competitive salary plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Citrix, Microsoft and VMware. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Softcat offers a variety of different Hybrid Infrastructure services within our portfolio. As the IT Services Product Manager for Cloud, you’ll be the custodian of each service during its design and development, ensuring what we are developing, and why; is clearly defined with Softcat. It will be your responsibility to decide the features of each service. Which will entail you overseeing a service during the service development and test phases, to ensure it meets its objectives, whilst communicating service development updates to key people in Softcat. This naturally means understanding and articulating the vision behind each service to the service development team, and actively engaging with the virtual service development team to build great relationships with them. You’ll also take charge of the prioritisation, delivery, and continual assessment of the service backlog. An important aspect of your remit will be to champion a thorough understanding of customer needs, the market, our competition, and future trends; to feed into the services being developed.
Please note, this role can be based in Marlow or the South Coast, but if it's the latter, there will be an expectation to work in Marlow at least one day a week.
What we need from you
- Experience developing cloud services (preferably within a service-centred organisation)
- A massive appetite to learn and push yourself every day
- Experience working within an organisation focused on service
- Experience of working on fast-paced projects is desired
- Understanding of the agile approach to working and fail fast philosophy is desired
- Experience of working in a highly analytical way to find creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships within a team made up of many different roles
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to present information clearly, persuasively, and elegantly
- Demonstrable organisational leadership skills
- A good news sense and an ability to spot opportunities to improve through people, process, and tools
- Ability to balance work priorities, organise own workload, work with minimal supervision, work under pressure to meet deadlines, and respond quickly to new situations and changing priorities
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.