IT Systems Project Manager
Technical | Marlow, Leeds, Manchester, Whiteley
Are you interested in bringing your experience to a supportive, energetic and innovative company?
Join our Internal IT Team
IT plays a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business continually evolves, it is essential that we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems that can drive us forward. Our internal IT projects span across IT Business Systems, Security and Operations, often working in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of vendors, partners and Softcat stakeholders.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ pa turnover technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
Do you have a passion for internal system landscapes and running projects end to end?
As IT System Project Manager, you will be accountable for multiple, internal facing IT projects which form part of a broader IT transformation portfolio. You will oversee projects through Initiation, Scoping, Design, Implementation and Release whilst ensuring sound project management and IT delivery principles are applied throughout. You will play an active role in the ongoing development of our IT Project Delivery Framework which puts stakeholder engagement and strong communication at the heart of all we do.
As an IT Systems Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing projects through Initiation presenting high level cost / benefit / constraint analysis
- Overseeing IT design and delivery activity, tracking and reporting progress; identifying and resolving issues / blockers
- Owning project communication and business change activities working alongside relevant Heads of Department
- Supporting the Head of IT Delivery with continual improvement activity – specifically around our Project Delivery Framework
What we need from you
- Previous experience in a Systems Project Management / Project Delivery role or similar
- Strong background in delivery of IT projects with an emphasis on IT Application Development, BI / Data Warehousing and Application Integrations
- Substantial understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle having worked closely with technical teams through Scoping, Design, Development, Test and Release activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills underpinned by a solid understanding of the PM toolkit (and typical PM/PMO artefacts), Sound experience of Change, Benefit and Risk Management
- A proactive, pragmatic, and flexible approach to project delivery whether in agile, waterfall or hybrid modes
- Relevant training and accreditations ie Prince 2, SCRUM Desirable: ITIL, BSC
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job description