Technical | Marlow
ITAM Practice Lead
Marlow, South Coast, Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham
Competitive salary and benefits package
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As an ITAM Analyst, you are expected to learn and deliver Softcat’s Asset Intelligence portfolio of assessments. Through onsite and remote consultancy, you will work closely with clients to ensure they obtain maximum value from all assessments.
- Working with Softcat’s customer accounts to provide assessment services
- Formulate and deliver traditional ITAM and SAM assessment offerings (effective license positions, license optimisation, ITAM maturity)
- Deliver Softcat’s Asset Intelligence latest assessment offerings (long tail assessment, cloud economics, renewal optimisation)
- Identify and provide actionable recommendations and cost saving opportunities to our customers
- Advise customers on transition from current environment to desired end state
- Collaborate with other teams within Softcat in particular our managed services teams
- Perform partner and vendor led engagements
- Deliver targeted consultancy per month, both remote and on-site
- Offer exceptional customer service
- Manage your workload to meet agreed deadlines for each engagement
What we need from you
- Experience in an ITAM or SAM role is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate a key interest in IT asset management
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with ability to articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience of software vendors and license metrics is desirable
- You will be required to work towards ITAM, SAM and Cloud qualifications
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite is desirable
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So, whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part the success story, please apply below now!
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.