L1 Information Security Analyst
Technical | Marlow
Join our Information Security Team
Softcat’s IT Security team help ensure Softcat can withstand modern cyber threats. We work with other departments and third parties to monitor and support security improvements. We work to keep pace with the threats the company faces.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.
Support Softcat and our clients to succeed.
We are looking for someone who has worked as part of an IT team, also understanding of various business IT systems and would like to start specialising in IT Security.
- Integral part of the team keeping Softcat secure from modern threats
- Interact with individuals across Softcat and our customers when the need arises
- Responsible for triaging incoming tickets and incidents
- Knowing when to call on the support of the senior analysts
- Opportunities to learn about audits to standards including Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO27001
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience working with MS Windows environments including: Active Directory
- Capable of self-managing incoming work into the team mailbox and ticket queue
- Strong communication skills and confidence to work across outside the team with new people
- Passionate for working in IT and a broad knowledge of IT technologies
- Awareness of common open-source security tools
- Hold at least SC clearance or are willing, and eligible, to undergo this vetting
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotelya flexible approach to working from home or any other work location
- Working flexible hours- flexing the times you start and finish during the day.
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours.
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description.