L2 Security Analyst
Technical | Marlow
Join our Security Operations Team
Our collaborative team protects our customers 24/7 against the growing threat of cyber attacks and cyber terrorism. We detect and mitigate against attacks, as well as provide analysis and incident reporting to help our customers manage their security operations. In a fast-moving environment we engage with cross-functional teams and customers to provide innovative solutions.
Take ownership for keeping our customers secure
As a Security Analyst, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in cyber security through dedicated training. You will learn to monitor customer networks and systems to detect, analyse and report on events and threats, whilst you build relationships with our customers to understand their needs and identify effective solutions.
As a Security Analyst, you will be capable of:
- Monitoring our SIEM tool to detect suspicious events and abnormal activities, triage events for criticality
- Providing incident management to our customers through effective monitoring
- Triaging events through validating suspicious events and incidents by use of open-source and proprietary intelligence feeds
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams to onboard customers onto our service
- Developing, building, and implementing use cases within SIEM to understand customer environment set-up and needs
- Documenting and managing incident cases to utilise information for customers reports to provide insight and intelligent recommendations
- Interfacing with our customers to resolve issues, provide additional information, and answer questions
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be willing to learn how to help customers to resolve technical issues
- Demonstrate an interest in Cyber Security
- Possess a detail-orientated mind, showing the ability to take a structured approach to procedures and working instructions
- Have an aptitude for understanding and analysing data for troubleshooting purposes
- Be able to gain BPSS clearance upon hire and be willing to become security cleared if required
- Demonstrate the ability to dynamically assess risks, threats & threat actors for new and existing customers.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the below working patterns:
- Working primarily from our Marlow office as part of a Shift Team, with the optional ability to flexibly work from another location or home up to once in a shift cycle.
We know it can be difficult getting back into a work environment and appreciate it can also take time to find your feet. It's important to us that we give you the best onboarding experience to help you settle back into working life.
As part of our Tech Starter Programme, you will receive comprehensive training on the various technologies, tools, platforms and applications we use; along with any other training required to undertake your role effectively, whilst ensuring you're supported by a dedicated mentor.
We want your time with us to be rewarding and for you to feel fulfilled in your role as the programme helps you carve your professional identity in a new career.
The programme is all about being flexible and adaptable to you; Softcat will give you all the support you need to be successful in the role.
Working for you
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Softcat is a billion-pound technology company that feels like one family. We're big on culture, big on teamwork and big on rewards. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Welcome to a business where personal achievement and team success go hand-in-hand.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact email@example.com directly if you require a full job description