Microsoft Azure Channel Development Specialist
Sales | Marlow, South Coast, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow
Reports To: Microsoft Program Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Azure team are a subset of the wider Microsoft licensing team within Softcat. Undertaking a pragmatic approach to a customers and partners business and technical requirements, mean that engagements with customers continually drive a repeatable outcome to customers satisfaction and continue to drive further engagements with the closely aligned Professional Service team within Softcat.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve recently passed the £1 billion pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
We are recruiting for a new and exciting opportunity within the Microsoft team – looking for someone to help new and existing partners build out and accelerate their Azure CSP businesses. This will involve working with and supporting our SPLAR team to recruit and onboard new partners into the Microsoft CSP Indirect program and creating consumption plans with these partners to grow their Azure customer base. This role is an exciting opening for someone to be creative and use their skill set to achieve success within this customer segment.
Key responsibilities include;
- Responsible for working with Resellers to develop Azure business plans, encompassing sales and technical enablement, that will support their evolution into a true Services led organisation.
- Key focus on transforming existing Reseller base into CSP Resellers and support with the recruitment of new Resellers.
- Assist in the future growth, marketing and development of Softcats Azure Indirect business, including the recruitment of new partners.
- Working alongside Account Managers to build and execute targeted campaigns with a view to increasing Softcats Azure Indirect business.
- Support with the creation and adoption of a best in class onboarding experience/framework for Indirect Resellers and ISVs alike.
- Represent Softcat at company/industry events as needed.
- Writing blog posts for softcat.com about Microsoft’s Azure services, hosting customer events and webinars.
What we need from you
- Previous Sales experience is required and experience within the IT Channel would be beneficial.
- Prior knowledge of the Azure portfolio would be beneficial but is not a prerequisite, all training will be provided.
- Comfortable with fluidity in your role. This is a less established model for Softcat and we need someone who is comfortable with making this their own.
- Experience of conducting customer meetings.
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses.
- Ability to underwrite and ratify technical designs at high and low level.
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers.
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the members of the wider team.
- A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.