Microsoft Licensing Sales Specialist
Sales | Marlow, Bristol, South Coast, Birmingham
Reports To: Microsoft Public Sector Team Leader
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Softcat Public Sector Microsoft team is a market leading team of dedicated Public Sector Cloud & Licensing solution consultants. Working directly to support clients across all verticals including; Local, Regional & Central Government, Healthcare, National Security, Blue Light, Outsourcers, Education & Charities. We assist our account managers to leverage our expertise and experience in delivering complex Microsoft licensing solutions to help clients rationalise their IT infrastructure, realise cost savings and begin their cloud journey.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve recently passed the £1 billion pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
As a Microsoft Licensing Consultant you will be working alongside our Public Sector Account Management team supporting a targeted customer group. Utilising your extensive knowledge of Microsoft Products, Technologies and Agreements your role is pivotal in ensuring that the advice given provides a platform for our customers to adopt Microsoft's modern licensing without losing competitive advantage or risking compliance. The role is aligned predominantly to Public Sector accounts across Local and Regional Government (LRG), Central Government, Healthcare and Education.
- You will be responsible for selling our Microsoft products and services into new and existing Softcat customers.
- You will work alongside Softcat’s Public Sector Account Managers and Microsoft Account Manager engaging on a 1:1 basis with a pre-defined set of targeted customers. You will be responsible for helping to progress opportunities through all sales stages and to closure.
- You will be responding to internal and customer emails about Microsoft products and associated licensing.
- You will be expected to assist on customer meetings and conference calls, creating cost models, writing proposals and creating and delivering customer presentations.
- Writing blog posts about Microsoft’s new products, hosting customer events, webinars and training.
- Maintaining your knowledge and understanding of your discipline, particularly with regards to the latest technology developments – and disseminate that knowledge within the wider Microsoft team and Softcat Sales Teams.
- Actively help in defining the go-to-market strategy for the Public Sector SMC & Education territories.
- Prospect and manage your own geographical territory with support from the PS MS leadership team.
What we need from you
- Excellent customer service, preferably customer facing in a sales role.
- Understanding of Microsoft product licensing and agreements – particularly Enterprise Agreements, Select Plus/MPSA and CSP.
- Volume Licence sales experience preferred, but not essential as full training/personal learning development plan will be put in to place.
- A passion to learn about Microsoft cloud technologies and how these can align to and shape an organisation’s business strategy and outcomes.
- Whilst this is not a technical role a basic understanding of Microsoft technology would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of selling into Public Sector would be desirable but is not essential.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.