Microsoft Product and Licensing Sales Executive (Entry-Level)
Sales | Dublin
Reports To: Microsoft Sales Team Leader
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Microsoft Team represents a key vendor within the Softcat portfolio. We actively provide licensing and commercial guidance in our Microsoft sales engagements. This is underpinned by the operational and contractual expertise within the team, spanning both corporate and Public Sector licensing sales.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve recently passed the £1 billion pa revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards.
We’ve got even bigger plans for the future - so if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career. You’ll find a diverse range of careers: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals.
As a Microsoft Product and Licensing Executive you will be working alongside our Corporate Account Management team supporting a targeted customer group. Utilising your extensive knowledge of Microsoft Products, Technologies and Agreements your role is pivotal in ensuring that the advice given provides a platform for our customers to adopt Microsoft's modern licensing without losing competitive advantage or risking compliance.
- You will be responsible for selling our Microsoft products and services into new and existing Softcat customers.
- You will work alongside Softcat’s Corporate Account Managers and Microsoft Account Manager engaging on a 1:1 basis with a pre-defined set of targeted customers. You will be responsible for helping to progress opportunities through all sales stages and to closure.
- You will be responding to internal and customer emails about Microsoft products and associated licensing.
- You will be expected to assist on customer meetings and conference calls, creating cost models, writing proposals and creating and delivering customer presentations (How quickly this happens will depend on your level of experience, readiness and aptitude)
- Writing blog posts about Microsoft’s new products, hosting customer events, webinars and training.
- Maintaining your knowledge and understanding of your discipline, particularly with regards to the latest technology developments – and disseminate that knowledge within the wider Microsoft team and Softcat Sales Teams.
What we need from you
- Previous Sales experience is required, technical knowledge/sales experience would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of conducting customer meetings would be beneficial.
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses.
- A strong desire to maintain your knowledge.
- Ability to underwrite and ratify technical designs at high and low level.
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers.
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the members of the wider team. • A good level of business awareness and commercial acumen.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills.
Work in a way that works for youWe recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.