Microsoft Product and Licensing Sales Specialist (FTC Maternity Cover)
Sales | Marlow, Bristol, South Coast, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow
The Microsoft Team represents a key vendor within the Softcat portfolio. We actively provide licensing and commercial guidance in our Microsoft sales engagements. This is underpinned by the operational and contractual expertise within the team, spanning both corporate and Public Sector licensing sales.
Success. The Softcat way.
It’s an exciting time to be at Softcat, one of the UK’s most successful technology solutions businesses. We’ve reached the £1 billion revenue milestone, opened our first office outside the UK and picked up a series of industry awards. We’ve got even bigger plans for the future. So, if you share our drive and ambition, get ready to achieve more from your career.
As a Microsoft Mid-Market Product and Licensing Specialist you will be working alongside our Corporate Account Management team supporting a targeted customer group. Utilising your extensive knowledge of Microsoft Products, Technologies and Agreements your role is pivotal in ensuring that the advice given provides a platform for our customers to adopt Microsoft's modern licensing without losing competitive advantage or risking compliance.
Key responsibilities include;
- You will be responding to internal and customer emails about Microsoft products and associated licensing; articulating the benefits of Microsoft’s Online Services.
- You will work alongside Softcat Sales Teams engaging on a 1:1 basis with a pre-defined set of targeted customers.
- You will be expected to assist on customer meetings and conference calls, creating cost models, writing proposals and creating and delivering customer presentations (How quickly this happens will depend on your level of experience, readiness and aptitude).
- Represent Softcat at company/industry events as needed.
- Writing blog posts for softcat.com about Microsoft’s new products, hosting customer events and webinars.
What we need from you
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude is essential.
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses.
- You must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft’s M365 modern desktop platform, cloud and infrastructure portfolio and how these relate to the business. With the ability to articulate this well to customers.
- The candidate will need to be self-motivated to maintain their knowledge of Microsoft products and keep up to date with other key changes on a regular basis.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Agreements and CSP.
- Experience of customer meetings and confident presentation skills are desirable.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience of working independently and managing their own workload.
- Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365 and Azure Fundamentals accreditation's are preferred.
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply.
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector