Microsoft Sales Executive - SMB (Entry level)
Sales | Glasgow
Do you want to have an impact and join a business where you can make the difference?
Are you looking to specialise in selling one of our top vendor's technology?
Join our Microsoft Team
The Microsoft Team represents a key vendor within the Softcat portfolio. We actively provide licensing and commercial guidance in our Microsoft sales engagements. This is underpinned by the operational and contractual expertise within the team, spanning both corporate and Public Sector licensing sales.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat offers a big future to ambitious people in a diverse range of roles: sales, technology, business operations, with opportunities for graduates, apprentices and experienced professionals. If you’re ready to give your all, Softcat is where you’ll get more from your career
Get the best out of you!
As Microsoft Sales Executive, you’ll be responsible for:
- You will work alongside Softcat Sales Teams engaging on a 1:1 basis with a pre-defined set of targeted customers.
- Helping to progress and manage opportunities, working with both the Softcat and Microsoft Account Manager through all sales stages and to closure.
- Represent Softcat at company/industry events as needed.
- Writing blog posts for softcat.com about Microsoft’s new products, hosting customer events and webinars
- You will be expected to assist on customer meetings and conference calls, creating cost models, writing proposals and creating and delivering customer presentations
What we need from you
- Experience of conducting customer meetings would be beneficial.
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses.
- A strong desire to maintain your knowledge.
- Ability to underwrite and ratify technical designs at high and low level.
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers.
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the members of the wide
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Our employees’ physical and mental wellbeing is vitally important to us, so we adhere to the latest Covid-19 Government guidance. Softcatters’ can currently either work remotely, or if happy to do so, work from the office. Cleaning, social distancing and mask wearing measures apply in all office locations.
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
- Your health
- Your finances
- Your family
- Your time at work
- Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you require a full job
SALES EXECUTIVE INFOGRAPHIC
Open infographic as PDF
Take a look at our visual job description
HINTS AND TIPS
Learn about the interview process and our top tips for success!
Open infographic as PDF