Nutanix Business Development Manager (Entry-Level)
Sales | Marlow
Reports To: Alliance Manager
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
The Vendor Alliance team are responsible for the day to day relationship, management and engagement of a select number of Softcat’s top vendor partners. The Vendor Alliance team ensures that we have the best partnerships at all levels of vendor engagement, driving a consistent, proactive and collaborative message into Softcat. Working to enable Softcat, they plan and execute against joint business objectives to drive mutual growth. The team is now 40 strong and growing, spanning all Softcat locations providing a service to every function within the organisation.
Nutanix has enjoyed tremendous growth with Softcat over the past 5 years, with huge potential for future growth. The relationship continues to flourish with opportunity across the businesses to expand the engagement and day to day activities.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We’re a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join as our only Nutanix Business Manager, responsible for all Softcat offices. This role will be key in working alongside our Softcat sales teams to develop new opportunities within their account base around the Nutanix portfolio. You will also be focused on building relationships and gaining credibility with the Nutanix Sales team as well as Softcat’s Account Managers and Data Centre and Cloud specialists to scale opportunities and help both organisations win new logos. You will also be responsible for driving marketing activities and sales enablement initiatives, whilst having a comprehensive knowledge of how Nutanix operates commercially.
A day in the life of a Nutanix Business Manager:
- Support sales opportunities by working on multiple deals and campaigns
- Liaising with Nutanix to maximise revenue and profitability on all sales opportunities
- Proactive pipeline management with regular communication back to the Nutanix Account Management Team
- Managing the full sales cycle from prospect all the way through to converted order
- Building and maintaining strong relationships internally and with Nutanix
- Creating innovative ways of incentivising and enabling the Sales teams, working closely with our Marketing
- Training and enabling the Softcat Account Managers and Sales Specialists on Nutanix products
- Act as a gateway between the Softcat Account managers and Data Centre and Cloud Specialists
What we need from you
- Previous experience in sales or sales enablement role is essential
- Experience of working within the technology industry would be beneficial but is not essential
- A confident and engaging communicator with strong rapport building skills
- The confidence and creativity to run your own area of the business independently
- Experience of presenting and running training/enablement sessions would be beneficial
- A passion for working collaboratively with different internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable with travel across multiple Softcat offices
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home up to 1 day per week, and we are happy to discuss further working from home requests
- Working flexible hours – we are flexible about your start times and end times each day
We offer a good salary and benefits package including a pension scheme, life assurance, healthcare cash plan and access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all things perks and benefits at Softcat. It’s designed to give you the flexibility and choice to suit your lifestyle and needs - there really is something for everyone. So whether it’s activity passes or technology discount vouchers you’re after, or you would prefer to buy extra holiday for yourself, or add your partner or family to some of the benefits… it’s entirely up to you. We’ll even give you an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday.
To become part of the success story, please apply online now
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.