Pre-Sales Solutions Associate
Technical | Marlow or Manchester
Infrastructure Design Team Leader
Competitive plus benefits
Softcat is one of the UK’s leading technology solutions businesses. Thanks to the success and growth of our services, we offer an increasingly broad range of tech careers. There could be a bright future for you if you’re interested in software, networking, analytics or cyber security.
Success. The Softcat way.
Softcat is a £1billion+ technology solutions business and trusted partner to names like Apple, Microsoft and Adobe. Offering a growing portfolio of services including software licensing, cyber security and IT infrastructure, we give our technical teams the tools and support to make exciting things happen. This is where to achieve more for your career.
As a Solutions Associate focusing on compute, you will work as a member of Solutions Design department to translate a client’s business requirements into innovative, thoughtful and well-designed solutions, making use of the latest computing technology principals delivered either on premise or via a public or private cloud offering. You will develop the skills of a subject matter expert, which means constantly striving to be at the top of your game in the latest compute technologies and methodologies. Although compute should be your primary skillset, developing a high-level knowledge and understanding across the whole gamut of Solution Design (compute, storage, networking, backup, DR/BC, software, cloud, virtualisation, management and infrastructure) is a core part of the role.
What we need from you
- A passion for technology and for making technology work for businesses
- Excellent communications skills, particularly with customers
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines whilst maintaining the highest quality of output
- A desire to share your knowledge and experience with those around you, particularly the younger members of the team
- An element of business awareness and commercial acumen
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritization skills
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business. For more information about Softcat please visit: www.softcat.com.